to My Recipes :-Vegetarian , full
Makki ki Roti (Yellow Corn Flour)and Sarson ka Saag (Mustard Leaves)
Makki Ki Roti:-
Ingredients : (For 6-8 Rotis)
cups Yellow Corn Flour (Makki ka atta)
Radish (Optional, Add this to make soft Rotis)
- Knead the Makki (Corn) ka Atta with
warm water just before cooking the Rotis.
- While kneading, add some grated radish
and salt. Not too soft ,not Hard just right consistency will make soft and
easy to roll.
- To roll it, put a square of polythene or
wax paper on the kitchen platform.
- On this put a ball of the kneaded
dough. Cover with another piece of paper and then press with the ball of
your palm till you get the size of a Roti.
- This Roti is slightly thicker than the
normal Roti. Remove the paper cover and transfer the roti to a hot Tava
(skillet). Cook on low heat, turning till both sides are roasted.
- Apply some Veg.Oil to make it better
on both side.
- And Roti is ready to serve with sarson
ka saag and Butter.
Sarson Ka Saag :-
Ingredients: (serve for 6)
- 1 kg Sarson (mustard greens), chopped
- 1/4 kg Spinach, chopped finely
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cm piece Ginger, minced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Green Chilies, minced
- 2 Red chilies
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour, sieved
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- Boil both the greens till soft.(With
boiling that will stay green..will not change the color)Add pinch of salt, minced garlic and chopped
green chillies while boiling. Remove excess water, mash the leafy
vegetables well and put in side.
- Heat 2 tbsps veg. oil and add
oninos, ginger, green chillies and broken red chillies.
all the spices has been browned, add the mashed saag and little salt.
- Mix the corn flour in a little water
and add to the saag.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with a spoon of butter,
with makki ki roti.